Write...or Die Trying

I used to work in a factory. Now I work in an office. Either way, my writing was dying. So now I must: Write...or Die Trying.

Google  

Character Analysis of Big Nurse

I had to turn in a paper on Monday for my fiction class. It was a character analysis of Big Nurse in Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. This paper deals with chapter four. If you have a copy of Cuckoo's Nest, crack it open and read (or re-read) it first.

UPDATE (24 AUG 2005):

Okay--here's the deal: I've been getting an inordinate number of referrers from search engines with the terms "character analysis Nurse Ratched," or similar. My assumption is--incorrect or not--that people are looking for a pre-manufactured paper to plagiarize. Since the few are ruining it (well, that's an arrogant statement. . .but there it is ;-) for the many, I'm taking the text of the paper off-line.

If you're trying to shag a paper because it's due tomorrow (or this morning, whatever the case may be,) you're out of luck here. Write your own damn paper!. You're not going to learn a doggone thing by plagiarizing someone's else's work.

I got a "B" on it anyway, so you'd be better off stealing someone else's.

But maybe you're in college just because your parents and/or scholarships financial aid are paying for it. Maybe you're just using college is as a stepping stone to that $150,000-a-year job you're just sure to get once you graduate. If you think that that's an accurate prophecy, then you've got a lot to learn, my friend.

By the way, if you're plagiarizing papers, and subverting your instructor's attempt to teach you something useful already, the chances of your succeeding in the "real" world at a "real job" are drastically diminished. Only by developing a hard-working work ethic (unfortunately, sorely lacking in today's society) will you develop the skills, persistence, and honesty required to be successful at any career you choose after college.

But maybe you're okay with mediocrity? It's a free country. Make your bed and sleep in it.

I'm just a crotchety old geezer, right--even though I'm only 32? What do I know? Knock off the lecture, right?

Get used to being lectured my friend. Get used to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home