Write...or Die Trying

I used to work in a factory. Now I work in an office. Either way, my writing was dying. So now I must: Write...or Die Trying.

Google  

School Daze

French is a difficult subject for me. Maybe it's just that I'm getting older. Maybe I'm getting dumber. The whole concept of learning another language is just stressful to me. What bothers me most is that I can't understand fully, right from the beginning. I don't like to struggle with things. I never have. So I just don't do things that force me to struggle.

That's not entirely true. I've worked at jobs that were challenging and made me struggle. I worked at one job, not too long ago, that was intensely physical. So much so that they had a very high turnover and some friends of mine tried it, but quite, it being too "hard." So I'm not afraid of adversity. I'm just afraid of feeling stupid.

Maybe feeling stupid is a good thing. It humbles you. Keeps you in your place. Makes you want to move forward. Maybe it's just frustrating. I've lost enough sleep over worrying about all this that I'm getting to the point where I can just swallow the bitter pill, chalk it up to personal improvement, and quite my whining and carry on.

I won't quit. I might not do as well as I'd like, but I definately won't quit. I might whine about not quitting, though :-)

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2004 10:42:00 AM, Blogger r said...

Why French?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home