Write...or Die Trying

I used to work in a factory. Now I work in an office. Either way, my writing was dying. So now I must: Write...or Die Trying.

Google  

I Feel Like A Nerd

I've been reading my Craft of Fiction textbook ahead of time. I know, only really annoying little brown-nosers read their textbooks before school actually begins, but I can't help myself!

I'm spending hard-earned money (albeit the government's) to pay for school. I want to learn something useful. I want to apply myself. I want to make good use of my time. If the other slackers in the class (of which I used to be one, once) want to gripe and complain about me actually being interested in what I'm learning, then let 'em. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank with that first advance check!

Since I am using financial aid, I feel like I should work a little harder than if this was all coming out of my pocket. I owe it to myself--and every other tax payer--to take school seriously and not waste that money which could easily have gone into someone else's pocket, instead of to the tax man.

In this day and age, I will concede that this attitude is far out of favor with the mainstream--much to our misfortune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home