Write...or Die Trying

I used to work in a factory. Now I work in an office. Either way, my writing was dying. So now I must: Write...or Die Trying.

Google  

Concentration? What Concentration?

What with all the hullabaloo over upcoming deadlines for projects at work, trying to at least stay informed about the dramatic and flagrant political hood-winking going on in Boston, and projects on the side, I simply cannot concentrate today.

This is somewhat of a systemic problem lately. I sat down to write the other day and I simply could not focus. It's probably just marketing, but those recent commercials on TV lately about Adult ADD (I don't remember what they said about it, actually, because I've been too distracted to pay attention), I wonder if I don't suffer from that malady. I've suffered off and on with depression and an inability to concentrate for many years. Is that a cop-out? I was accused of that in school, but I'm wondering if there wasn't something more going on.

It's said that creatives are more susceptible to these kinds of things. It's probably all in my head. That's a strange thought: whether a medical malady is really my problem or not, it'll be in my head either way.

Oh well. Back to more being bored and trying to pay attention to what I'm doing long enough to be productive. I'm not holding out much hope, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home