Write...or Die Trying

I used to work in a factory. Now I work in an office. Either way, my writing was dying. So now I must: Write...or Die Trying.

Google  

Flannery O'Connor

I've always been intrigued by the writing of Flannery O'Connor. If you insist on attaching labels, she could be called the first (and only real) Christian Gothic writer. Not only is her work respected in literary circles, her insistence on portraying elements of faith, grace, and God through her violent and fascinating fiction is inspiring to the budding writer that thinks there's room in mainstream fiction for someone interested in issues of spirituality.

She's difficult to understand if you've never read her work before. Here's an interesting essay that should help: The Dark Side of the Cross: Flannery O'Connor's Short Fiction

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home