Write...or Die Trying

I used to work in a factory. Now I work in an office. Either way, my writing was dying. So now I must: Write...or Die Trying.

Google  

Feedback

To me, feedback for my writing is vital. I talked someone into giving some feedback on a story I'd written the other day and it was refreshing to get some real advice.

Writing is a lonely lifestyle. You work alone and, for the most part, create in a vacuum. One of the things that excites me about getting back into class is the constant feedback on my writing. I'd like to think I'm already a somewhat accomplished writer, having done it freelance for several years. But my fiction writing is new to me. I'm struggling to perfect my craft to the level I feel I'm capable. I don't think I can do that without meaningful reactions from readers.

Sometimes, writers just start writing and submitting for publication. Kind of a "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks." This does work. I've used this technique before myself. But I'm at a point now that I'd rather get some useful input from people to not just attempt to force them to swallow whatever I'm interested in writing, but to enjoy it. You certainly don't want to squelch your creative juices, but it's not all about you as an author, but about the auidience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home