Write...or Die Trying

I used to work in a factory. Now I work in an office. Either way, my writing was dying. So now I must: Write...or Die Trying.

Google  

HP3: The Review

We all really enjoyed this movie. I can't add much to what other reviews have have said about the scope and grandiose vision of the imagery. It was fabulous.

One beef I had was more with the screenplay than anything else. The dialogue was faithfully rendered and the dramatic scenes of the novel were all there, but if you had not read the book first, I would question whether or not it would be very easy to figure out what in the heck was going on. The subleties involved with Harry's relationship with Sirius, for example, was only barely hinted at.

If you haven't read the book yet, read it first, then see the movie. Of course, you might raise the ire of fundamentalist-leanging christians, but that's a whole nuther blog...

2 Comments:

At 6/20/2004 01:27:00 AM, Blogger r said...

Yes, and I want to read that "nuther blog."

 
At 6/20/2004 05:39:00 PM, Blogger J. Brisbin said...

That 'nuther blog is brewing. I'm ruminating on how to properly approach the subject, considering I'm a crotchety old pessimist now ;-) Maybe I'll post it this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home