Write...or Die Trying

I used to work in a factory. Now I work in an office. Either way, my writing was dying. So now I must: Write...or Die Trying.

Google  

It's Not as Good as A Dingy Basement, but...

Dark, quiet, university library basements are cool. Walking into the archive section of an old library is like walking into a morgue. Everything is quiet, dark, wrinkly, and dead as a doornail.

I've known about the The Gutenberg Project for several years now and although it's not as great as an old library for atmosphere, it has it's place. I won't repeat what the mission of the Gutenberg Project's website is, since you can read it for yourself on their website. And since you can read it for yourself on their website, it would be boringly repetitious of me to boringly repeat myself again and again, just to say that you can find out what the purpose of the Gutenberg Project's website is on their website.

As a side benefit: downloading free eBooks and texts in the public domain can fulfill my lustful appetite for new reading material, without forcing me to write a hot check at the bookstore. I'm an addict, what can I say?

The next few blog posts will contain links to eTexts I like, quotes from some of the stuff you can find there, and maybe a few excerpts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home